Wireless Mobile International Search and www.wirelessmobilesearch.com is a brand of Mobile & Wireless (UK) Ltd and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. The Government intends for the GDPR to continue in UK law post Brexit and has also introduced a Data Protection Bill to replace the current Data Protection Act in due course.
Your new rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice but will only apply once the GDPR becomes law on 25th May 2018.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force, the data controller is Wireless Mobile International Search at Clyde House, Reform Road, Maidenhead. SL6 8BY. UK
To contact our Data Protection Officer, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are and what we do
We provide recruitment consultancy services, by searching for suitable candidates to meet our client’s global requirements, who are employers seeking to fill positions in their organisations. As part of this process, we target and search for suitable candidates, receive their CV, contact details, including but not limited to home address, mobile number, email address and other methods of contacting them, like their Skype address. We will conduct telephone interviews and make interview notes and record them and the calls, to ensure accuracy of what we submit to clients. As part of the interview we will obtain personal data including qualifications, current salary and benefits, notice period and other relevant factors associated with applying to the position and to check their suitability. We will write up our notes and forward them with the candidates CV, providing the candidate confirms they want to apply for the job and have their details submitted. We will then manage the candidate and client through the interview process through to job offer stage and obtain any references, as requested by the client, although in many cases, the client will carry out this process directly with our candidate, before an offer is made.
We therefore collect personal data from the following kinds of people, which enables us to effectively undertake our business interests;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent roles - the kinds of data collected is referred to above
- Prospective and live client contacts - we obtain names, job titles and contact details of people in client organisations, such as hiring managers and HR contacts, as well as where they are located. The client will be asked to sign an agreement, which will define how we work together and will include managing our candidates personal data professionally and securely.
- Supplier contacts to support our services - we collect names, job titles, contact details and where they are located, what they do and on what occasion we need to contact them - for example technical support, or sales.
- Employees and consultants - if we recruit anyone as an employee or as consultant, we collect name, address, contact details and bank details, for remuneration purposes. We may also ask for references during the recruitment phase and they will be asked to sign an agreement, which will also require them to be compliant in all aspects of our business, including how the manage personal data professionally and securely.
Any visitor who submits information to us warrants that the information provided is complete, true and accurate in all respects.
We will use your information and the subsequent information we collect about you, to create a database. This database and the information it contains may be used by us and our clients for the purpose of assessing your suitability, qualifications and skills for current recruitment assignments and - in some specific instances - recruitment assignments which we think may be of interest to you in the future. In the latter instance we will always gain your permission before discussing your personal details with clients.
We may transfer this database, including all personal data contained in it, to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or stock in our company or our website service whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise.
In some instances we may be required to take up references, on behalf of our clients. We may record and store any telephone calls you have with our consultants for record keeping, training, and quality control purposes.
We may also be required to facilitate international meetings requiring the need of passport, driving licence or similar photo ID. This information may also be requested by our client, in order to validate your application. We will delete this data after we have completed the facilitation.
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
Information you give to us or we collect about you.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.wirelessmobilesearch.com (our website), or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend any events that may be organised, respond to a survey, or when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us, or we collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate e-mail address and phone number, financial information, such as salary and benefits, compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in the United Kingdom, or other countries, curriculum vitae and photograph, links to your professional profiles available in the public domain, for example, LinkedIn, Twitter, Xing, Facebook or corporate websites.
Information we collect about you when you visit our website.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information if applicable, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system.
Information about your visit at https://www.wirelessmobilesearch.com, including through and from our site, including date and time, services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we may request online, or by telephone interview of you as a Candidate include but are not limited to: First name, Last name, Current Employer name, Job title, Personal contact details, such as mobile number, Skype ID, email address, salary and benefits now, salary and benefits sought, notice period, where you are located and whether you are prepared to re-locate; restrictions, such as competition clauses in your current or previous employment contract, eligibility under EU law or elsewhere pertaining to your legal rights to reside in a particular location
Other Information we collect will include the information you provide to us, on your CV/resume you have chosen to upload to register with us, or to apply to a specific job or jobs.
Information we may request of a Client, potential Client, or business partners may include but are not limited to: First name, Last name, Company name, Job title, Business email address, Telephone number, Number of permanent employees you have at your HQ and around the world, Market position, Compelling reasons to work at your company, Job function, Who you Report to, Current recruitment model, Your location, Your level of authority to enter in to a recruitment contract with us, Company registration number, Staffing requirements.
Information we obtain from other sources.
This is information we obtain about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board social networking websites, online CV libraries, your business card, personal recommendations, and any other sources in the public domain. In this case we will inform you, by sending you this privacy notice, within a maximum of 30 days of collecting the data of the fact we hold personal data about you, the source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources, and for what purpose we intend to retain and process your personal data.
We are working closely with third parties, for example, business partners, sub-contractors professional services and analytics providers. We may receive information about you from one or more of them for the purposes of our recruitment services.
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
The core service we offer to our candidates and clients is the introduction of candidates to our clients for the purpose of permanent engagement. However, our service expands to supporting individuals throughout their career and to supporting businesses’ resourcing needs and strategies.
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, described in more detail below, although we will also rely on contract, legal obligation and consent for specific uses of data.
CLIENTS: We will rely on the contract if we are negotiating, or have entered into as a placement agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you.
CANDIDATES: We will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a client.
GENERAL: We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on you to fulfil our legal obligations.
Our Legitimate Business Interests
Our legitimate interests in collecting and retaining your personal data is described below:
As a recruitment business and recruitment agency we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information, as well as current resourcing requirements.
To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
Should we want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by email or by an online process for the specific activity we require consent for and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time.
Other Uses we will make of your data:
• Use of our website;
• To notify you about changes to our service;
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
. To engage with you in building a stronger relationship and this could include emailing you information you may find interesting - please refer to the marketing section below.
We will use this information:
· To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
We do not undertake automated decision making or profiling. We do use our computer systems to search and identify personal data in accordance with parameters set by a person. A person will always be involved in the decision making process
These pieces of information are used to improve our services for you by, for example:
- Enabling our site to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising when you have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using our sites, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
Cookies are set by our web servers to ensure that your session is maintained for the duration of your visit (until you close your web browser).
Disclosure of your information inside and outside of the EEA (European Economic Area)
We will share your personal information with:
Any member of our group both in the EEA and outside of the EEA.
Selected third parties including:
· Clients for the purpose of introducing candidates to them;
· Candidates for the purpose of arranging interviews and engagements;
· Clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and compliance obligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
When we will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Mobile & Wireless UK Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The lawful basis for the third party processing will include:
· Their own legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil resourcing requirements; our use of GDPR compliant partners for interviewing and storing data, email marketing platform and CRM platform for managing and searching candidate databases
· Satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor;
· For the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation;
· To fulfil their legal obligations.
Where we store and process your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”). It may be transferred to a Client as part of submitting your application for a job, which you have consented to, or sub-contractor outside of the EEA for the purpose of our recruitment services. It may also be processed by staff, or consultants operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, or work freelance. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, our recruitment services and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely outside of the EEA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your data
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so. Accordingly, we have a retention notice and review from time to time the need to remove data that we no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
We do the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
· Our website enables you to manage your data and to review whether the details we hold about you are accurate
· Prior to making an introduction we check that we have accurate information about you
· We keep in touch with you so you can let us know of changes to your personal data
We can segregate our data so that we keep different types of data for different time periods. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data includes:
· The nature of the personal data;
· Our legal obligations;
· Personal data specific to a recruitment assignment, position and client
· Whether an interview or placement has been arranged; and
· Our recruitment expertise and knowledge of the industry by country, sector and job role.
We may archive all or part your personal data, deleting all or part of it from our database.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Given we are working mostly with passive candidates, ie, those not in need of getting a job straight away, as they already have one, we will keep personal data for a period as we deem to be in good faith that the law or relevant regulators require us to. After our last contact with you (whether it be verbal, or written) and we will endeavour to contact you in two years to ask if you still wish us to keep your personal data. At that point, it may be appropriate for you to re-send your updated CV, depending on whether your circumstances have changed significantly. If however you believe that we should delete your personal data at an earlier date, you can simply contact us by email email@example.com and we will remove your personal data.
Our candidate databases are kept in the strictest confidence and we do not share anyone's personally identifiable data with clients without your prior consent. We do not sell, or market your data and the only people we submit your personally identifiable data to is our clients, after we have first discussed the opportunity with you and you agree for your details to be forwarded.
Security of your personal data
We hold personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
We have security procedures in place to help protect your personal data, including:-
· Physical security such as locks in the office; CCTV and intruder alarm.
· Computer passwords, giving access to authorised staff;
· Anti-virus software
· Secure socket layer website security, 'https'
Our third party processors of personal data are GDPR compliant and store the data securely, in order to enable us to access that personal data, in order to carry out our legitimate business interests.
- We may send you information that we think you could find interesting, or to ask for your help with connecting other Candidates with jobs. In particular, we may use your data for the purposes listed below. This list is not intended to be exhaustive, but gives you a good idea of the kinds of messaging we may engage in with you. To:
- Enable us to develop and market other products and services through your participation, such as employment surveys;
- Market our full range of recruitment services to you;
- Send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events, and general information about the wireless and mobile industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you;
- Display any recommendations you give about us regarding a success story (only where we have obtained your express consent to do so); and
- Provide you with information about offers that you are eligible for by virtue of your relationship with Wireless Mobile International Search
Candidates registered with us would have opted-in for such activity and will be able to opt out of any marketing messages at any time, by simply unsubscribing to any messages by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link. Other Candidates and potential Candidates who we have previously communicated with, engaged with them through an interview process and possibly placed will be asked to opt-in and if they choose not to, can unsubscribe at any time.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and we will collect express consent from you if legally required prior to using your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise your right to accept or prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms on our site, we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights. To:
· Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
· Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
· Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
· Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
· Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
· Make a complaint to a supervisory body which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted through this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act (and the GDPR once it is in force). Prior to 25th May 2018 any access request under the Data Protection Act will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A subject access request should be submitted to email@example.com. No fee will apply once the GDPR comes into force.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding our privacy notice, please get in touch with us by email, using firstname.lastname@example.org
Wireless Mobile International Search
Updated physical security, adding CCTV & intruder alarm