About the job
Every day, thousands of initiatives around the world are managed more effectively because control rooms have an improved ability to intake information, coordinate resources, and manage responses effectively. Everyday incidents – measured in lives saved, minutes spared, costs averted, objectives achieved – all made possible by my client.
About the role?
I’m currently recruiting a System Sales Manager for my US client who is responsible for identifying opportunities and selling state-of-the-art integrated communications for mission-critical applications in the public safety, transportation, and utility arenas throughout Western Europe.
- Evaluate opportunities, prioritise them and achieve sales goals.
- Using your resources and the channel, research and analyse customer needs, develop effective presentations of solutions, and close deals
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of company product lines, features and capabilities, industry trends, applicable markets, and competitors
- Establishes and maintains industry contacts through participation in trade shows and other marketing events
- Develops and maintains relationships with OEM customers
- Follows up with customers on RFx
- Recommends strategies for sales improvements based on market intelligence
- Communicates regularly with management on the status of sales, and provides the necessary reports and forecasts
- Provides input to Product Management/Marketing to help identify coming needs and trends, new markets, features, and product opportunities
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly, including internationally and extended periods averaging up to 60% of the time
- Minimum 5 years experience selling complex communication systems to mission critical customers
- A proven track record of success, selling radio and/or telephony system solutions
- Experience of successfully selling communications systems or solutions to complex mission critical customers internationally in the transportation and/or utilities sectors.
- Understanding of and proficiency in the technical sales process
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to prepare and/or assist in the preparation of technical and commercial responses to RFQs, RFIs and RFPs.
- Proficiency in conducting presentations and technical demonstrations of products to customers, dealers, and resellers in a variety of settings, including customer sites, trade shows, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to relate to, influence, and persuade customers to successfully order closure
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with a high level of initiative and self-motivation
- Minimum three (3) year degree or equivalent in Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, or in a related area