My client is a leading US vendor who are publicly quoted and expanding their Enterprise sales team. They are a market leader, with a unique advantage in patented technology that delivers highly scalable network security and network visibility solutions and employ around 2500 people with offices globally.
The role of the Sales Engineer is to assist the Sales team in reaching the revenue goal by providing quality pre-sales technical support and presentations focused on articulating value to Service Providers, System Integrators and Channel Partners.
This individual will report to the Regional Director or in some cases the Area Vice President. This person will be required to have significant interaction and consultation with customers and must have a solid understanding of the sales cycle typically used by companies selling networking solutions.
Sales Engineers and their Account Managers will be placed in situations to uncover and develop new areas of business and relationships for my client.
- Proven technical experience and knowledge in security and networking, especially DDoS and MPLS & BGP.
- Manage the RFx processes
- Responsible for providing pre-sales support to the sales team in winning business
- Provide technical sales presentations
- Manage Field Trials/Proof of Concepts/Evaluations/Bake-Offs
- Provide informal product training to clients and team
- Identify business/technical problems and offer attractive solutions to clients
- Proven technical sales experience in network security
- Able to translate technical elements into commercial propositions and help the sales team persuade customers with your technical knowledge of security and IP networks
- Ability to communicate complex data/information and provide timely, cost effective, quality solutions to customers
- Used to working with large, complex customers taking a consultative approach
The position is a work from home role and you can expect to spend around 30-40% of your time traveling around Texas, so it would ideally suit someone based in Dallas, Austin or Houston area.
Salary and benefits are excellent, and uncapped.
Please send me your updated resume, along with your contact details, so I can call you to discuss the opportunity in more detail.