I am currently looking for a Resident Engineer, acting as a Customer Success and Support Engineer dedicated to a Telefonica in Spain, for my client, who is a leader in networking and security solutions. My client is a global growing company in cyber-security with a strong Tier1 customer base. They embrace an Agile way of working and pride themselves on being fast, diverse and dynamic.
You will be the ambassador at the customer site, working closely to bring growth and demonstrate value. In addition, you shall be the customer's focal point for all technical issues, responsible and empowered to provide solutions to some of the most complex networking issues. In this role, the engineer will gain insight to the detailed functionality of network and security solutions, customer's environment and customer management.
What you’ll do
- Work on the customer premises as a support engineer.
- Obtain close and lasting relationship with the customer operation team – Meetings, emails, phone calls, instant messaging and trips to various sites as required.
- Troubleshoot and solve all technical problems. Provide both technical remedy as well as commercial status updates and progress reports till final resolution.
- Working closely with multiple divisions (Projects/Product Management/R&D/QA/Product Experts) on escalations and new feature requests.
- Working with the latest networking/technology in complicated/multi-vendor environments.
- Occasionally travelling abroad – Less than 10%.
What you should have
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to determine the root cause of a problem.
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking for providing immediate workaround for urgent issues.
- Autonomous and ability to work under pressure.
- Create initiatives to demonstrate value and success to the customer.
- Eager to spot potential problems based on proactive approach.
- Ability to work and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to document technical information and to place it in the customer’s context.
- Excellent communication skills and service orientation.
- Motivated self-learner through hands on experience and deep dive research.
- Ability to work during flexible working hours occasionally
Skills & Experience requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in Technical Support roles.
- Proven experience working in Linux and bash shell environment – is a must.
- Deep knowledge of networking environments in a Tier1/Tier2 related networks – is a must.
- Good English reading/speaking/writing skills - essential.
- Graduate of Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of scripting (Bash scripts, Tcl, VB) – strong advantage
- Familiarity with Web Security – strong advantage
Please apply now and send me your CV in English and contact details so we can discuss the role in more detail. To apply, you should ideally be a Spanish national, already residing in Spain, ideally in the Madrid area and have the legal right to live and work in Spain.