My client is a global leader in telecom access solutions. As an industry pioneer for over 40 years, they have reliably supplied communications service providers and critical infrastructure customers in over 150 countries with best-of-breed network interface devices, secure industrial IoT, 5G xHaul, and Operational WAN solutions.
As a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) based in Italy or Spain, you will be driving the sales of data communications service assured access solutions to Telcos/CSPs and critical infrastructure customers in the Mediterranean region (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece).
This is a critical sales role for a senior sales manager selling network access solutions.
In this role you will report to the General Manager, Europe.
- The RSM will be responsible for selling network access solutions and services to Service Providers and Critical Infrastructure customers in Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece.
- Focus is on direct & indirect sales and business development activities in the territory, both maintaining existing customers and partners, as well as developing new logos.
- Create and develop a plan for the territory & key accounts, containing clearly defined milestones, priorities, and timelines, to build new sales growth and develop existing pipeline of opportunities.
- Virtually manage all internal resources to achieve Territory goals.
- Execute multi-level solution selling approach to executives and technical decision makers, leveraging your understanding of Carrier Ethernet networking access technology, IoT and legacy PDH/SDH.
- Prioritize activities to grow and close the opportunity pipeline in your territory, conducting the appropriate business and technical meetings with senior levels at the target customers.
- Forecasting, account management and partner management, particularized for all the territory countries.
- Need to be a high-energy, motivated self-starter that can balance strategic engagements with transactional day by day business.
- This is an individual contributor role.
- The ideal candidate should have 8 years of industry background with at least 5 of those in selling networking access solutions to Tier 1/2/3 Service Providers and/or Critical Infrastructure Customers (hardware, software, services) in southern Europe.
- Typical SP/Telco use-cases: Mobile Backhaul, Wholesale Access, Virtualized Network/Cloud Services.
- Typical Critical Infrastructure use-cases: cyber-secure industrial IOT (IIOT) and Operational WAN, Smart/Safe City deployments, TDM to Packet migration.
- Specific knowledge and established relationship-network in key target customers (Telefonica, Telecom Italia, Wind, OTE, Vodafone…) is a significant advantage
- Knowledge of Transport technologies and architectures, including L2-L3 VPN, Carrier Ethernet (layer-2) and xWDM (Layer-1). Convergence of Transport and Access XGSPON architectures is a valuable plus.
- You should be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present to both technical and executive audiences.
- You should be of excellent business judgment & uncompromising integrity, in support of business partners/channel activities and conflict arbitration/resolution.
- Ability to travel ~30-40%.
- Strong international team-player, orchestrator and experienced in virtual team leadership, with the ability to work independently and push business forward.
- Engineering, Business Administration or Economics Degree, MBA preferred