As Programme Manager, you will be leading and growing a talented team of Project Managers working on building the next generation of wireless platforms and applications, whilst continuing to deliver on current projects.
You will manage your team to ensure projects are delivered on time and within the financial requirements and margins as specified by the business and to the satisfaction of all parties; customer expectations are to be exceeded wherever and whenever possible, and manage the delivery of projects within agreed budget requirements with the target to maximise profit through process improvement and cost reductions whenever possible.
Ideally we are looking for someone who is target driven, commercially aware, and able to manage a team of project managers to deliver successful and profitable projects.
- Setting the overall direction, priorities and development of your department
- Leadership, development and resourcing of the department to ensure that we attract, engage and develop high calibre talent that will meet the strategic and operational requirements
- Establish & monitor a consistent and effective method of delivering the key departmental outcomes
- Build strong and successful relationships across the teams involved in end to end delivery to generate engagement in projects and implementation into BAU
- Ensure a consistent and effective method for project delivery
- Stakeholder Management - Communications planning, reports and status updates
- Risk, Issue, Action Management across all projects
- Management of projects to a defined scope
- Effective change management within projects
- Act upon resource requirements - Manage interaction with all departments to resource projects appropriately
- Resource review & reporting across programmes/projects
- Adhere to project and documentation framework/approach across all projects
- Management of the full Project Life-cycle - Planning to Implementation to Closure
- Delivery & implementation of projects - Including all testing and UAT and update to process documentation
- Management of project resource, incl. 3rd party resource where required
- Management of project implementation
- Forecasting future resource requirements for each department
- Closure - Project review, impact, lessons learned, post project reports
Working in the rewarding field of mission critical communications your deliverables will be used worldwide to ensure secure, reliable, and instant communication where it’s needed most.
- Demonstrate experience of developing and leading a team of project managers, and developing its processes and procedures
- Demonstrate experience of working with major project management methodologies e.g. PRINCE2, Agile etc
- Qualification held in one or more major project management methods
- Able to demonstrate significant and positive business outcomes from projects delivered in previous roles
- Ability to engage, develop and collaborate with team members and wider business
- Good financial knowledge, understanding of P&L/Balance sheets
- Strong, confident communicator, prepared to have challenging conversations.
- Proven ability to prioritise and deal with difficult, demanding and complex situations
- Prepared to escalate project impacts/delays to senior management in a timely manner
- Inquisitive nature prepared to challenge conventional wisdom in a constructive manner
- Strategic thinker; Able to deliver to the bigger picture at the same time as attending to the detail
- Demonstrable drive and ability to see things through to successful completion
- A drive to succeed personally, and to motivate others to succeed
If this position is appealing and you have the appropriate skills and experience, please click on apply and send me your CV.
Re-location assistance can be provided.