- Demonstrate practical understanding of trunking, microwave and antenna RF theory.
- Advanced understanding of land-mobile radio systems engineering principles and practices.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate practical experience and responsibility for operating systems using one or more of the following digital LMR air interface technologies: P25, FDMA, TDMA, TETRA, iDEN, DMR, NXDN, and at least one of the following commercial air interface technologies: 4G/LTE, and/or other wireless technologies
- Demonstrated operational knowledge and experience with various network transport technologies including: MPLS, T1, OC3, EPL.
- Have proficient knowledge of fundamental networking and protocols to include L2TP, TCP-IP, UDP, Multicast, Unicast, SNMP, SMTP, NTP, OSI layer, etc.
- Understanding of emergency/UPS power systems
- Completion of a technical training or degree program in electronics with a concentration in wireless systems (field experience will be considered in lieu of degree or certificate)
- Demonstrated practical experience with Computer-Aided Dispatch systems.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
You should already be a US Citizen, or can show you have the appropriate permits to be able to live and work in the USA